The bananas got too ripe for my families liking and I thought about making “nice cream”, but then I tossed that idea out the window and went with the traditional banana bread! Yay for carbs!!
I’ll save you all from scrolling through my life story and just cut straight the the recipe!
Banana Bread With Crumble Topping
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2C very soft or melted butter (cooled down)
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1 duck egg or 2 chicken eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine and mix bananas, sugar, butter, and eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and then add to wet ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Top with Crumble Topping (recipe below) and bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes. Insert toothpick and if it comes out clean it’s done.
- 3 Tablespoons butter cold and diced
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 C flour
- Combine brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and flour into medium sized bowl. Cut-in butter until you get a pebble-like consistency.