Taco Tuesday is pretty popular in my house. So is Taco Monday, Taco Thursday, and any other Taco day for that matter! Tacos with beef, chicken, fish, or pork, we devour them!
We harvested a few pigs from our farm back in the Fall and we are still enjoying them this spring. Pulled pork tacos are a hit around here. Here’s an easy recipe for slow cooker pulled pork using beer or lager!
Taco Style Slow Cooker Pulled Pork With Lager:
- 3-4 pound pork roast
- 8 ounces of your favorite amber or dark lager beer
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 C water
- 1T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 T liquid smoke
- 1T worstechire sauce
- Juice of a lime
- Rub a generous amount of salt and pepper all over the pork roast. Heat a skillet with a little oil on the stove over high heat.
- Sear each side of the roast until caramelized.
- Place into slow cooker on low heat.
- Add all liquid ingredients and let Cook on low for 4 hours.
- After four hours, shred roast into fine pieces, do away with excess fat, and add all dry spices.
- Let cook on low another two to four hours until tender. Totaling 6-8 hours.
- Serve with your favorite tortillas and garnish with your favorite toppings!
Keep Scrolling For Homemade Tortilla Recipe…
Easy Homemade Soft Tortillas:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup water
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk together flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil and water and stir until combined.
- Form dough into a ball and knead for five minutes on a floured surface.
- Form dough into a disk shape and divide into eight sections like a pie.
- Shape each cut section into a ball and roll out on floured surface. The goal is to roll each portion into a 6-7 inch round surface.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and cook each tortilla for one minute or so on each side until golden brown. Serve immediately.