Last week we roasted a large Pekin duck on the farm for the first time! It was oh so delicious. I imagine it would have been just as good on its own, but I made an out of this world Glaze to go on top of it!
I’m sure many of you will be having family dinners this weekend in observance of the Easter holiday. I can’t help but think this glaze would be just as awesome on your Easter ham!
Apple Cider Vinegar, Maple Glaze:
- One medium size pot and whisk
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- In a medium sized pot combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until you reach a syrup-like consistency. Stir often and Check consistency often as well.
- Pour immediately over cooked ham, duck, or meat of choice.
This glaze is so easy and versatile. You could easily replace the maple syrup with honey, add a pinch of garlic, or swap the ACV with balsamic vinegar instead. It’s a sure fire way to jazz up your family dinner!