Every season is biscuit season! As we approach spring and summer you might not think biscuits would be first on the menu, but what else are you going to pair with those homemade jams????
I’ve got an easy homemade biscuit recipe that you’ll love, and you can’t mess it up!
They’re fluffy, flaky and they’ll have your family begging for more!
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup of cold butter cubed
- 3/4 cup whole milk or butter milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Run a wire whisk through the mixture a few times as a short cut to sifting.
- Cut-in butter into flour mixture. You can use a pastry blender, a fork, or a pair of clean hands (my preference).
- Work butter into mixture until your left with a medium sized pebble-like consistency.
- Stir in milk and form a ball of dough.
- Knead dough for 1-2 minutes on a lightly floured surface, then roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter, mason jar lid, or top of a drinking glass (we are sooo fancy), cut biscuits and place onto lightly greased baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in center of oven for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown!
- Serve immediately with butter, gravy, or your favorite jam!
I’ve been making these biscuits for close to nine years now and it’s one of those recipes that’s just burned into your brain! After you try em’ you’ll never be able to eat another canned biscuit again!
These biscuits are great by themselves, alongside a good Sunday breakfast, and sometimes I’ll dress them up a bit for supper and add in some garlic and cheddar cheese to the batter! Once you master the basic recipe, the possibilities are endless!
Add these badass biscuits to your menu pronto!